Formerly known as the Front-of-Pack Labelling Oversight and Advisory Committee, the HSRAC is responsible for overseeing the voluntary implementation of the Health Star Rating system, including in particular the social marketing campaign and the monitoring and evaluation component of the system. The HSRAC is responsible for providing advice to the Food Regulation Standing Committee about these elements.
The HSRAC consists of ten members and brings together stakeholders from industry, government, consumer and public health in a spirit of ongoing collaboration.
- Dr Kevin Buckett - HSRAC Chair (SA Health)
- Dr Anne Astin - (Commonwealth)
- Dr Lisa Szabo - NSW Food Authority (NSW Health)
- Professor Geoffrey Dobb - Australian Medical Association (WA) (Public Health)
- Professor Simone Pettigrew - Choice (Consumer)
- Professor Heather Yeatman - Public Health Association of Australia (Public Health)
- Ms Tanya Barden – Australian Food and Grocery Council (Industry)
- Ms Vanessa Clarkson - Independent Dietitian and Food Consultant
- Mr Tim Piper - Australian industry Group (Industry)
- Ms Jenny Reid - New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries
Declaration of InterestAt each HSRAC meeting, Members declare any real or perceived items of interest to ensure transparency. The Declaration of Interest table reflects all declarations made at meetings held to date.
Terms of ReferenceTerms of Reference - Health Star Rating Advisory Committee.
- 15 November 2017
- 8 August 2017
- 9 May 2017
- 14 February 2017
- 18 November 2016
- 9 August 2016
- 8 April 2016
- 16 February 2016
- 30 October 2015
- 17 July 2015
- 27 April 2015
- 17 February 2015
- 31 October 2014
- 26 August 2014
- 15 July 2014
- 15 April 2014
- 3 March 2014